The 3Rs Ambassador Program Comes To Leaside Towers!
The City of Toronto has launched the 3Rs Ambassador Program to increase the Reduce – ReUse – Recycle (3Rs) rates in apartment buildings and condos across the city. While many of our residents do use the recycling facilities in our buildings – we can always do better!
That is why the newly formed 3Rs Committee is looking for people to join the 3Rs effort by becoming:
- A 3Rs Ambassador (3 training hours, followed by ongoing efforts)
- A building or floor rep (on-call; 1 to 2 hours/week)
Why Join the Effort?
- Help the environment
- Reduce our buildings’ garbage costs
- Get to know our neighbours
- Help the City reach the waste diversion target of 70%
- Meet people who are passionate about waste management
- Earn volunteer hours – especially for our young people
If we can get enough 3Rs Ambassador volunteers, we can arrange a training session here. Meanwhile, the next official training session will take place on May 3 from 1 to 4 p.m.
For more information, or if you’d like to help, please contact GreenLeaside@gmail.com.
For general information on the 3Rs Ambassador Volunteer program, please visit Toronto.ca/3rs.