The new virtual spring recreation programs are aimed at children, youth and older adults. Programs are live and interactive, delivered weekly via WebEx and range from 30 to 60 minutes in length. Participation will require a smart phone, tablet, laptop or desktop computer with internet access. Fees vary depending on the program. Adapted, inclusive programming is free. Registration opened on April 22 for approximately 1,000 available spaces and programs will begin the week of May 3.
Virtual spring recreation programs include:
- Arts programs for preschool, school age, youth and adults, including crafts with caregivers, mixed media, paint night, music and virtual paint nights
- Dance programs include hip hop for ages six to 12, line dance and belly dance for older adults and lunchtime classes for ages four to 12
- Fitness programs for older adults of all fitness levels, including indoor walking and yoga
- Martial arts programs for ages three to 12
- Adapted and inclusive programs for participants with disabilities including science experiments, board games, chair yoga, bingo, cooking and Zumba
For more information about virtual recreation programs, and to register, visit www.toronto.ca/virtualrec or call 416-396-7378. Client and family numbers are required. Those who do not have a client and family number can obtain one by calling 416-396-7378.
Information on free programs and subsidies for recreation programs is available at www.toronto.ca/explore-enjoy/recreation/free-lower-cost-recreation-options/.