Thanks to everyone – Morguard, East Toronto Health Partners, Michael Garron Hospital, TNO, FHC and the wonderful residents of 85 and 95 Thorncliffe Park – who all made the one day vaccination clinic at Leaside Towers a success! Even Mother Nature cooperated with a great spring day. Over 400 people were vaccinated before supplies ran out.
Adults 50 years of age and older who live in priority neighbourhoods are eligible to book an appointment for the COVID-19 vaccine in Ontario.
In East Toronto, these neighbourhoods include the following postal codes: M4H, M1L, M3C, M4A, M1K, M1M, M1J.
Book an appointment:
The Toronto East Health Unit are currently accepting appointments at the Thorncliffe Park Community Hub COVID-19 Immunization Clinic. Please click here to book an appointment.
Adults 50 years of age and older who live in priority neighbourhoods may also be eligible to book an appointment at another COVID-19 immunization clinic in Toronto. Please visit www.vaccineto.ca to see a list of other COVID-19 immunization clinics in Toronto.
Here is the latest COVID-19 Vaccine Update from Jaye Robinson including details on eligibility of all residents aged 60 and older (born in 1961 or earlier) to receive a vaccine at one of the City of Toronto’s mass immunization clinics.
Starting tomorrow April 2 at 8am, eligible residents can book an appointment at a City-run clinic through the Province’s online portal, or by calling 1-888-999-6488. To book an appointment at a hospital-run clinic, please use the VaccineTO portal. The City’s mass immunization clinics will be open throughout the long weekend and I have been advised that there are currently many appointments available.
You’re invited! Join Michael Garron Hospital for a Community Conversation on the COVID-19 Vaccine on Thursday, April 8 at 7 p.m.
Hear from frontline experts on East Toronto’s immunization plan
Featured Michael Garron Hospital (MGH) speakers include:
- Dr. Janine McCready, Infectious Diseases Physician
- Dr. Adil Shamji, Emergency Physician and Medical Director of Enhanced Shelter Support Program
- Dr. Michael Warner, Medical Director, Critical Care
- Sarah Downey, president and CEO
This event is free and open to all. Please pre-register to attend.
Once registered, you will receive details on how to participate online or via telephone.
Please share widely with East Toronto residents and community members
Here is the latest COVID-19 Vaccine Update from Jaye Robinson.
- Today, the City of Toronto announced that vaccine eligibility at City-run immunization clinics will be expanded to individuals aged 70 and older (born in 1951 and earlier) as of 8:00AM tomorrow, March 27.
- Beginning tomorrow, eligible seniors will be able to book a vaccine appointment at one of the City’s immunization clinics through the Provincial booking portal or by calling 1-888-999-6488. I have been advised that there are almost 30,000 appointments available at these clinics.
- A number of hospitals and health partner-operated clinics are also expanding vaccine eligibility to residents aged 70 and older. Appointments at these clinics can be booked through the City’s VaccineTO portal or by calling 1-888-385-1910.
- Residents aged 60 and older remain eligible to receive a vaccine through the Province’s AstraZeneca pharmacy pilot and can book an appointment by contacting a participating pharmacy directly.
- The City is required to adhere to the vaccine eligibility requirements set out in the Province’s vaccine prioritization framework. For more information, please visit the Government of Ontario’s website.
- You can find a map of all the facilities offering vaccines in Ward 15, including City-run clinics, hospitals, and pharmacies, on my website.
A Covid-19 Vaccination Clinic is coming to Thorncliffe Park!
This Wednesday March 24, the East Toronto Health Partners will be extending their vaccination efforts to the Thorncliffe Park Community Hub space located on the 2nd floor of East York Town Centre. This space will administer vaccines to eligible priority populations in East Toronto, including health care workers and adults who are 75 years of age or older.
If you are a resident of Thorncliffe Park or Flemingdon Park, you can call 647-477-1640 and pre-register for your appointment.
To register, to see if you are eligible, or to ask questions, please call 647-477-1640
All eligible residents should get vaccinated as soon as possible!
See the flyer below.
Toronto Councillor Jaye Robinson released an update on the COVID-19 Vaccination Plans in Toronto and Ontario.
Her office has also launched a webpage with more information on vaccine booking options and immunization clinic locations, including a live map of all the facilities offering vaccines in and near Ward 15 – Don Valley West. They will continue to update the map as more information becomes available.
Find out more by visiting jayerobinson.ca/covid-vaccination.
March 15, 2021
Leaside Towers – Resident Communication
As a reminder, to help contain the spread of the COVID-19 virus, please:
- Wear a mask when in common areas;
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds;
- If soap is unavailable, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol;
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands;
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick;
- Practice social distancing – Leave a distance of 2 meters between yourself and other people;
- Stay home when you are sick;
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue or your elbow; and
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces. High touch surfaces include, counters, tabletops, doorknobs, bathroom fixtures, toilets, phones, keyboards, tablets, and tables.
Also, should you become aware of a confirmed case of COVID-19 within your unit, please notify the District Manager Amit Thakur by email at email@example.com as soon as possible.
Morguard is committed to the health and safety of our residents, guests, staff and communities. We will continue to monitor and communicate with you as updates and events require additional attention.
If you have any questions, please contact the management office at 416-421-8109.
If you are age 60 – 64, you can register now for the AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccine at the closest listed pharmacy!
Starting Wednesday, March 10, 2021, some pharmacies in Toronto are booking appointments for AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccinations. This registration is for an actual vaccination appointment. Your birth date must be between 1957 and 1961 inclusive. You must have an appointment to get vaccinated at a participating pharmacy. Walk-ins will not be accepted.
If you are 80 years or older, get home care services and/or are an Indigenous Adult (over 16 years old), you can get the COVID-19 vaccine. If you live or work in East Toronto and you would like to receive your COVID-19 vaccine through East Toronto Health Partners (ETHP), please pre-register by completing the form below.
If you pre-register, we will contact you when you are eligible for the vaccine. That’s when you can book an actual vaccination appointment. You will receive information on how to book an appointment directly with ETHP, or through other partners, as more options become available.
Please note: This is a pre-registration process only – it does not guarantee a vaccine appointment or give you an appointment time.
The Ontario Ministry of Health decides who is eligible to get the vaccine. If you would like more information on vaccine eligibility in Ontario please visit: https://covid-19.ontario.ca/covid-19-vaccines-ontario.